Wednesday

My relationship with my flaws

When I was younger, I thought that I was pretty just because I had blue eyes, when I grew up and I realized that I was wrong. Growing up, I started to notice my flaws and I started counting them all and everyday I could've find some new ones and it led me to hating myself for having them.
When I was about fourteen, my self-esteem was pretty low and I didn't feel pretty enough or skinny enough.
I was really influenced by television, by all the nice actresses and singers. I must admit that most of these girls were from Disney Channel.
But, growing up, I started realizing that I wasn't the only one who felt this way and I realized that the ones I thought were perfect weren't that perfect.
Now I'm seventeen and I'm learning to appreciate myself. I can't say that I'm completely confident and things like that and I must admit that I still have days when my self-esteem is really low and I don't even feel comfortable going out and seeing people, but I'm trying to love myself as much as can.

I personally love music and I always rely on it, this case isn't an exception: a have a few song that describe perfectly how I feel when I don't feel confident at all. These are the mains: 
• Tied Together With a Smile by Taylor Swift
• I feel pretty/unpretty  by Glee Cast
• The Lucky One by Taylor Swift

Writing this post has been a little uncomfortable, but I think that a lot girls and young women need to know that they aren't the only ones to feel this way and I also hope that this post made someone smile :)

And remember this: everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it

No comments:

Post a Comment