Friday

Sometimes it's hard to be yourself but it's definitely worth it

Who knows me knows that I am pretty quite person. That doesn't mean that I don't like having fun, it means that I don't like having fun in certain ways. This means that I'm not the average "party girl" who likes going to clubs, drink and stuff like that. I like having out with genuine people who can make me feel "okay" in ordinary ways. Unfortunately I don't know a lot of genuine people because most of my 'friends' like having fun by "getting wasted" so they go to clubs every saturday night and 'get wasted'.
As I have already said, I'm not that kind of person, but last week on Halloween I decided to go to a big club with some friends. Big mistake. 
I'm not gonna tell all the details, but I swear that it was, for me, really really really boring. I don't understand why people like drink, smoke and make out with random strangers. Like, what's the point? That's absolutely not what having fun is for me. 
At the end of the night I was the only one who was sober and that's the reason why I got a little 'isolated' from my group. It wasn't a pleasant situation, but I'm proud of myself because I could've give up and start drinking to fit in the group, but I didn't: I stayed true to myself. 

PS. I don't think that drinking is wrong if you do it with the right people and if you it consciously, but I honestly think that if you drink to look 'cool', then your life is a little pathetic.

What do you think about this topic?

  

No comments:

Post a Comment