Tuesday

Why Being Shameless Is The Key To Happiness

People who know me well know that I'm a person who always thinks twice before making any choice. I am completely aware of this and I have to admit that I'm proud of this because it shows that I'm a rational and mature person who always thinks about the consequences. What I recently realized is that thinking too much ofter led me to missing things and that I'm probably screwing up the days that I might remember and laugh about as the years pass by. 
For once I decided that I didn't want to think about every single action I make and just go with the flow following my heart instead of my mind. I decided to try this way of (not) thinking on my cousin's 18th birthday party. I went there convinced that I wouldn't have touched any alcohol because I didn't want to "lose control" or something. But then I just thought about the fact that I'm considered as an adult by the law and that there was nothing bad in drinking a few shots. I perfectly knew that a few choice wouldn't have done absolutely nothing so I decided to get them just like everybody else at the party. After those shots I was still sober, but they totally helped me to get relaxed and to free my mind! For the rest of the night I socialized with my cousin's friends and danced like nobody was watching! 
People who know me well also know that I like dancing but I don't like dancing in public because I don't want people to judge me or think my dance moves are weird. This time it was different, I danced like I was alone in my room feeling a little embarrassed in the beginning, but then I just realized that I was one the best feelings in the world! I remember that at one point I just thought "wow, I'm actually happy thanks to something I thought would be frustrating". It was seriously a funny experience and I had an amazing time with those people and I've got absolutely nothing to regret!
The reason why I told you this little story is because I want you to understand how easy it is to have fun without being ashamed of how you look or about your dance moves just by opening your mind and just don't worry about what people might think. 
I'm not suggesting you to drink or anything, I'm just trying to explain that if you think too much and you might miss a lot of things and you'll probably regret it when you won't be able to do some things anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment